12.04.2005

suck it up

This week, I have been to Sears THREE times to try to buy a vacuum. Ours has bitten the dust, (haha, I didn't even realize I just made a joke!) and with the combination of cat hair and faux pine needles from putting the Christmas trees up, I REALLY need to vacuum! I went on Tuesday night, but no one could help me. I even went over into electronics and asked for help with a vacuum, but the guy said he didn't know anything about vacuums, and there was no one over in the floor department. Pretty much the same thing happened Thursday. So today, I called before I left and asked if there would be anyone working in the floor department. The guy said that yes, a few people would be there.

I got to Sears and was immediately approached by a short little lady. She insisted on showing me the Dysons, specifically the one that costs $549. She was showing me all the features and she would go, "ta-da!" After she had talked for awhile, I explained to her that the Dyson wasn't really in my price range. So she took me to the next Dyson, which cost $499. I promptly interrupted her and said that I had seen three vacuums online that I would like to look at--could I show them to her and have her tell me about them.

We went around the corner into the aisle and I showed her the three vacuums. Her demeanor immediately changed--these were only $149 and $179!! Oh, no!!!! She KEPT showing me the Dysons and then some Kenmore models for over $200. I was adamant that I wanted one of those three. She was totally uninterested. I pretty much picked out the one I thought was best, with absolutely no help from her, and purchased it.

After wandering around the mall for a bit, I drove my car around to the purchase pick-up place. I went in, scanned my receipt, and a man came out and brought me the vacuum. Then another guy came out and said that that wasn't the right one. I commented that it looked exactly like the one I bought, but he said that it wasn't the right model. He said they didn't have any of the model that I bought (!) and I would have to go around to the floor department and talk to them. Sigh.

I marched on around there and waited for about 10 minutes before asking someone in the refrigerator dept. to help me. He said he couldn't help me and pointed over my shoulder--there was my little lady. I went over to her and told her about my situation. She tried to sell me the Dyson!!!! Then the $200+ Kenmore!!!! I told her that I wanted the vacuum that I bought, and she said that they didn't have any, and I asked her why she didn't tell me that when she rung me up!!!!

I then told her that I was going to buy the vacuum somewhere else if she didn't give me the model they had in stock for the same price I had already paid. And I asked her why they have a model on the floor that they don't have in the back, but they have a model in the back that's not on the floor!!!! Ugh! Anyway, she finally gave me the correct model for the same price and I was on my way. Good grief!!!! Sears is on my naughty list!!!!

In other news, Brian and I are going up in a hot air balloon in the morning for our anniversary. Yes, our anniversary was in October, but it was too windy and we've been busy pretty much every weekend since then. We would've gone today, but Brian has to work every Saturday now. We have to be there at 5:45 am!!!! It's probably a 45-60 minute drive from our house, but I'm sure there won't be much traffic at that ungodly hour. We're getting up at 4:15!! And now it's late, so I'm going to bed. I'll post pictures of the balloon ride! I can't wait!

Oh, and the scrapbook Christmas party I went to was a complete blast! Those girls are all wild and crazy! I had a great time, and everyone was so nice and welcoming. Thanks for inviting me, Denise!! :-)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I have no idea why, but I want a Dyson. Maybe it's those commercials on TV. LOL

Nevertheless, she shouldn't have been so darn pushy and I can't believe she sold you a vacuum that she knew they didn't have in stock!

Can't wait to hear about/see pictures of the hot air balloon ride! Too fun!