12.11.2005

delightful exhaustion

On Friday, Meg and I got up, had coffee (with Pumpkin Spice creamer-yum!), and headed out. We went to yet ANOTHER scrapbook store and then to the gym. We had a great time. I hadn't been to the gym in awhile, so all the trainers were giving me a hard time, but it was nice to be missed! We did a workout and then got lunch and smoothies at the gym's cafe. We took our lunch over to EA to visit Brian. So we ate in the EA breakroom and Meg got a mini-tour of the facility.

Then we came home, showered, rested for a tiny bit, and headed out to Sephora (yes, again) to get makeovers. It was so fun! We both had our makeup done all fancyish! We looked hot, if I do say so myself. And I only spent $14 this time. I was proud. We then headed downtown to hang out and have dinner.
Yesterday, we got up, had coffee (I love Meg being here, she gets up and makes coffee every morning!), and went to DISNEY!!!! YAY!!!! It was awesome. The guy who was signing us in was in the Dapper Dans, so we stopped and watched their show on Main Street. They were great. Then we had a quick lunch and headed to the rides. We started out with Pirates of the Caribbean, which was cute, but not very fast or anything. Then came Big Thunder Mountain Railroad--one of my favorite rides ever! I remembered it from 3rd grade, and it was just as fun as I hoped it would be! We worked our way around, riding rides and taking pictures, and did Space Mountain. Even better than I remembered!!!! Loved it, even though we had to wait about 30 minutes for it. We waited 10-15 min. for everything else, which was great! We even had our picture taken with Mickey!!At around 6:15 we got back on the monorail and went over to Epcot to eat. We had Chinese food in China and it was delicious! Now, Magic Kingdom was open till midnight, so we were planning to head back over there for the fireworks and some shopping. We wanted to be there by about 8:30 because the first parade started at 9:00 and we knew it would be a madhouse. We had just enough time to ride Test Track, which is a cool ride that simulates the tests they put cars through--so we were basically crash test dummies. It was so great! My NY student, Matt Maguire, had told me to be sure to ride it, and he was totally right. It was great fun! I think it was my favorite ride of the day.We got back over to Magic Kingdom and got on the train to Frontierland--so we bypassed all the parade traffic, which was wonderful. It was a coolish evening and it felt GREAT! We rode Big Thunder Mountain again and tried to ride Space Mountain again, but it was broken down, some kid told us. That would explain the crowd of people standing outside it. So we did a little shopping (for her cousin Aidan and my nephew Braden) and watched the fireworks. I took about 4,000 pictures. They were so gorgeous!!!! Then we got ice cream, did a little more shopping, saw part of the 11:00 parade, and took off for home. We got here around 12:30. What a wonderfully fun day!Today we're totally vegging out. Meg has been watching football. She's curled up on the couch with Max. :-) She has to go home tomorrow and I'm so sad! It's been awesome having her here. I can't believe how much stuff we've done this week!!!! We are totally exhausted, but it's worth it for how much fun we've had!!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow wow wow!!! You both look totally hot in that picture!!!

Miss Kerri said...

Sara! Come visit and I'll take YOU to Sephora too!

Sera said...

Waaaaaa... I am so sad I missed it. I wish I cold have come too. You know I have never been to Disney?! Maybe someday we can come and bring the kids, you know they miss the kitties, and you and Brian of course. Looks like you guys had a blast, and yes you both look Beautiful!