12.19.2005

crunch time

OK. I realized late last night how much I have to do before we leave on Thursday night!! We're leaving after Brian gets out of work (I'm PRAYING it's a decent time!) and driving to Greenville, SC. I'm hoping we'll be there by 2:00 am. Then we'll leave Friday afternoon for KY. Right now I have 4 mini-loaves of cranberry bread in the oven, and I need to jump in the shower and get a few more things done before they come out. I have a chiropractor appointment at 3, (something is poking me in the back), and then my scrapbook club at 6, which means I need to leave around 5 to fight the traffic. Whew! And I have to scrap something before then to share at the club!! Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

In keeping with the holiday spirit, I want to share my cranberry bread recipe. It's from my dear friend Alicia Harlow. Her husband Jason worked at VV with Brian, and they moved to CA at the same time we moved here. It was weird not spending Thanksgiving with them, since we have for the past 3 years! And Alicia always brings this bread. It's delicious! A departure from normal holiday treats, it's not too sweet, not too tart, but a perfect blend of both. Enjoy.

Cranberry Bread
(this recipe makes 1 loaf or 2 mini-loaves)

2 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. orange juice
3 Tbsp. white vinegar plus water to make 2/3 cup
1/4 c. oil
1 c. coarsely chopped cranberries
1 c. chopped walnuts

Sift flour, soda, salt, & sugar; set aside. Beat together egg, orange juice, vinegar/water, & oil. Add flour mixture. Stir just until all flour is moistened. Add berries and nuts. Pour into pan(s) and bake 60-70 min. at 350. Cool overnight before slicing.

********
christmas card count: 12!
PS--Jenni, I'm desperately trying to get my scanner to work so I can put Evan's picture on my blog! He is just TOO ADORABLE!! I can't believe how big he is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you finally rec'd our card and that your card count is coming up! I was just teasing about Evan's picture on your blog... good grief- his own mother doesn't even have a blog! We are soooo behind the times...

spaceJASE said...

We were missing you guys so much at Thanksgiving! We had fun at Craig's but we forgot the cranberry bread!