11.02.2005

book talk

OK, it's time for another post about books. As many of you know, I'm an avid reader. I'm an even more avid listener of audio books. At any given time, I'll be listening to one in my car, listening to another one at home, and reading at least one. Sometimes I even have TWO going at home: one in my bedroom (I listening while I'm in the shower and getting ready) and one in the kitchen (I listen while I cook and clean, and sometimes I move it around to whatever room I'm in).

I know, I'm crazy. But I'm a definite multi-tasker.

ANYWAY, awhile back I started listening to the Bailey Weggins series by Kate White. These are murder mysteries, but not humorous ones, like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. (Last week I finished the latest one in the Plum Series: "Eleven on Top." NUMBER 11!!) No, Kate White's books are very different, but very good. They keep you guessing. I love it! Her first one was "If Looks Could Kill," and then "A Body to Die For." I just finished reading the third one, "'Til Death Do Us Part" and it was great! I've already reserved the fourth (and newest) one at the library: "Over Her Dead Body." Here's a link to her website.

Right now I'm listening to "Until the Real Thing Comes Along" by Elizabeth Berg. Her books can be a little strange at times, but they're always very interesting. They are mostly just stories about people, but they are really well written and the story lines are wonderful. When I finish this book, I will have read all of her books and then I'll start waiting for her new ones. :-) I've also read all the books by Jan Karon and Marian Keyes, and I anxiously await their new ones all the time.

Ooh, and I also continuously wait for new James Patterson books in both the Alex Cross series and the Women's Murder Club series. Both of these series are excellent--I would highly recommend them, if you're not easily scared by stories!

1 comment:

EBBsMum said...

No scary stories for me!

I've been on a reading kick also since school vacation started. I finished Digging to America and I am reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult currently.