10.05.2005

freeze warning in florida

It was in the high 70's last night and everyone got out their sweaters. :-) Seriously, this is the first time in the almost 2 months we've lived here that I've seen a temperature below 80-something! It's REALLY nice!

I'm going to KY next week to visit my parents. They were supposed to come here, but Mom's back is out REALLY bad. She has a bunch of bulging discs, and one of them is bulging into her sciatic nerve!!!! She is in SO much pain. Hopefully I can help her out some while I'm there, at least by keeping the house up and cooking. By the by, BRADEN will be making an appearance while I'm there. (more incentive to go!) I can't WAIT to see him! He is the most precious baby EVER!!!!

Let's talk about books. There are a few I've read lately that are worth mentioning:

"Little Earthquakes" by Jennifer Weiner
I really enjoyed her other books, "Good in Bed" and "In Her Shoes," but this one takes the cake, in my opinion. It's a book about babies and it's really good. It's fiction, but a great story. BTW, "In Her Shoes" has been made into a movie and I'm dying to see it. I think it's either playing now or opening this weekend. Regardless, I hope we can go see it.

The Southern Sister Series by Anne George
These books are hilarious. Think the Golden Girls solving murders. The books are entitled, "Murder on a Girls' Night Out, Murder on a Bad Hair Day, Murder Runs in the Family," and etc. I've read almost the whole series--I have 2 more to read of 8.

The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich
Again, hilarious. I really enjoy these books! There are 11 in the series, and I just got the 11th one today from the library. I've already read the other 10. Their titles involve numbers, such as, "One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to get Deadly," and etc. up to 11. Stephanie is a clumsy bounty hunter who gets into all kinds of trouble.

Anything by Elizabeth Berg
I was at the dentist a few years ago in Albany (my dentist was also my piano student) and the hygenist told me about Elizabeth Berg. I've since read almost everything she's written. I think I have 2 books left. My most recent read was "The Year of Pleasures." It's about a widow who moves to a new town. Good story. Her writing is very distinctive and always interesting.

Wolves in Chic Clothing by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman
OK. Some of you know that I love chic lit. That is, literature that appeals to chics. :-) I LOVE a good girly story, hence my devotion to Sophie Kinsella and her "Shopaholic" series. This book is funny and shocking, with a twist that I did not see coming at all!!!! It is true chic lit and does not disappoint. For more info, read this review.

Anyway, that about does it for what I've been reading lately. Of course, I have my favorite authors, the top two being Jan Karon and Marian Keyes, but I've already read all of their books and am anxiously awaiting new ones from them.

2 comments:

BT said...

Don't bother mentioning that YOUR BROTHER AND HIS WIFE will be making an appearance as well!

Oh well, we understand our relegation to Braden's underlings. :)

May I recommend: "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller.

Miss Kerri said...

Sorry, Brad, I just can't wait to see Braden. You and Kari are, of course, of mere medium importance compared to him. :-) I CANNOT WAIT to see him!!!!

I just checked out "Blue Like Jazz" from the library. I'm saving it for the trip. (Plus, I need to finish the other FIVE books I'm reading right now. Yes, five.)