10.23.2005

the calm before the storm

It's Sunday afternoon, and we are awaiting Hurricane Wilma.

I came back to Orlando on Friday. When Mom and I left for the airport at 7:40 am, it was 50-something degrees and I was wearing a sweater. When I got to Orlando, it was near 90!

Nan is doing well. She went to rehab last night. She'll be there for at least 10 days, and everyone says it's wonderful. I hope she gets well soon.

Back to the hurricane. Right now, I can hear kids outside playing. It's overcast, but there's no wind or rain. In a little while, Brian is going to bring in the patio furniture and the grill. I think I'll also get the wreath off the front door and bring in the door mat. The schools in Orange County (where we live) have been closed for tomorrow. We're supposed to get strong winds, but the eye is not going to pass over us.

I'm a little apprehensive and a little excited. I've never been in a hurricane, although I've been in at least one tornado that I remember. Brian, growing up on the SC coast, has been through many hurricanes. He was even in Hurricane Hugo, which left his town without power for two weeks!

Please pray that we don't lose power. I can't stand it without my A/C!!!! I'm also praying that our house doesn't sustain any damage.

We'll keep you posted.

No comments: