9.30.2005

friday night with the dunlaps

Our dear friends Don and Nancy Dunlap were in town for the weekend and invited us to dinner on Friday night, along with their friend Harold Ivan Smith. We'd never met Harold, but apparently he's written many books and is somewhat well-known in Nazarene circles. He went to Trevecca (TNU) and was there at the same time as my Aunt Stella. My parents went there too, along with Don and Nancy, and many other friends and family members of mine.

Anyway, we ate at Tony Roma's and had a marvelous time. As always, it's great to see a familiar face. I lived with Don and Nancy for awhile when I lived in Nashville. They have seen me through some really tough times, and I kind of see them as my second set of parents. They are wonderful people and I love them so much!



That's Harold on the left, then Nancy and Don, and me and Brian. I look Asian as usual, since my eyes practically disappear when I'm laughing. The really funny thing is that we were at a place called The Bad A** Cafe which was right next door to Tony Roma's. We got a big kick out of it, so we went over and took some pictures. It turned out to be a fab evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI! That is such a good picture! I am soooo jealous that you got to spend time w/ my Aunt and Uncle and that they got to spend time with you! I wish I had been there! And how about Harold Ivan.. the famous author of the Nazarene church. I can't believe you didn't read his book... "Single and Loving IT!" I read it in college, however it didn't convince me to love being single! :) He was also a chapel speaker for 3 days at MVNU- but maybe that was after you graduated and I was still stuck in cow-town.
Miss you!
Jenni

Anonymous said...

Dr. Harold Ivan Smith . . . if memory serves me correctly, didn't he have a background in mortuary science? hhmmmmm Great pic, btw.