4.12.2006

tuesday's recap

Man, I've been really bad about blogging lately! Sometimes I'll think about what I want to say, and then I'll forget to do it! Signs of aging? I hope not!

Idol last night was better than last week. I liked the 2nd half - Katharine, Elliott, Taylor, and Paris. I wasn't impressed AT ALL with anyone in the first half. I know, a bunch of you are going, "What about Chris?" Well, I'm gonna go ahead and say it - I'm not a fan. He's a good singer and all, but what he sings is just not my kind of music. Brian said last night, and I agree, that he sees Chris as a front man for a band instead of a solo artist. I agree. But that band would be similar to Live or Staind or Nickelback - all bands I don't like. In fact, most of the time I rush to switch the station when one of their songs comes on the radio!

And I'm still mad that Mandisa went home last week. I'm in shock. She is a fabulous singer, MUCH better than Bucky, Ace, and Kellie! And probably better than some of the rest that are left, too. But I feel sure she'll be signed as a Christian artist.

OK, I've decided on my TOP TWO overall. And these are MY top two, not what I think America thinks. Are ya ready? TAYLOR and ELLIOTT. Yep, those are the two albums I would buy. I would probably buy Paris' album too. Katharine is a really good singer, but her nasal high notes are REALLY getting on my nerves.

Ace made a total fool of himself last night! He did NOT do well on We Will Rock You, and he really did himself in at the end when he said that he thought he rocked! LOL! Of course, you know I hated Bucky, even though he picked a good song for his style. He was still sharp for half of it. And I could not believe that out of all of those singers, KELLIE chose Bohemian Rhapsody! It wasn't horrible, but she keeps picking songs that have a partially low range, and you can't even hear her when she's singing that low!!

OK, after saying that, here's who I think will be in the bottom three: (at least, I hope!)
Bucky
Kellie
Ace

And either Bucky or Ace will go home. Of course, I'll probably be wrong - I have been for the last few weeks!

On to other things. Life is swell here in Florida, for the most part. I'm still writing lots of articles and playing at Winter Haven church. I'm walking and riding my bike every day except Sundays (because I'm so exhausted on Sundays!) and getting a good tan. For me, anyway! LOL In about 2 weeks, I'm going to Kansas City to visit Braden! Oh yeah, I guess I'll see Brad and Kari while I'm there too....! Braden will be 1 year old on May 11, so I'm celebrating with him when I'm there. I've already got his gift(s) and everything!

And my friend Meg is coming to Tampa in May, so we're going to head over there and have dinner (and hopefully go shopping a little) with her and her boyfriend. I can't wait!

That's all I can think of to say for now! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Denise said...

BUCKY is gone! I can't believe Elliott was in the bottom 3...what's up with that?