2.04.2009

latest pictures

The mold removal is almost done! (Well, as far as we know...there could still be some mold in the dining room, but there's still too much furniture in the way to check. I'm PRAYING there's none in there.) Today all the painters have been here: the guy we hired to paint the outside of the house, and two guys that the insurance/contracting company hired to re-paint the walls that were replaced. I think our bedroom is done, and they still have to do the kitchen, office, and piano room. Here's what it looks like today:

The kitchen (not great light in this picture, sorry):
The piano room (yes, the room I JUST painted a few weeks ago):
Our bedroom:
The office:
The huge mess that is still our main living area (this is seriously killing me):
You'll notice that the windows are covered. That's because of the painting that's being done on the outside, and here is how it looked when I got home from Kindermusik today:
You can see the different colors I painted on the front, LOL. Now the first coat is completely done. Tomorrow he'll do the second coat and the trim. Early next week the flooring people are coming to do the floors, and then I can spend the next several months putting everything back. :( It took one day to tear it all up, and it will take ages to put it all back.

And I just want complain about the drywall dust. The contractor said to me, "When we leave, there won't be a speck of dust." Well, he TOTALLY lied. When the light is on in the kitchen, you can SEE the dust all over everything in there. It hurts my heart! I am going to lose my mind! My house is always CLEAN, and can you see how it looks right now?! Ugh. This project can't get done soon enough.

OK, vent over. :)

Edited to add: I just ran out and snapped another picture of the outside - I LOVE the color!

Much different from what it was before (this picture was taken when we bought the house in August 2005):

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love the new color! I hope I remember which one is your house when I come =) See you tomorrow for the first of our "chick flick dates."