1.02.2009

office space

Well well well, I'm not dead after all!

I admit that I've been horrible about blogging AND reading blogs. But I thought I'd give you a quick glimpse into my project right now...it's the "What Miss Kerri does between Kindermusik semesters" project. haha. We're turning our piano room (AKA the room where we put all of our leftover junk that doesn't fit anywhere else) into Brian's office. It will also still serve as a piano room. :)

It had a little boy-ish baseball wallpaper border, which I tediously scraped off yesterday, and it has a chair rail; above the chair rail was dark tan and below is navy below. I have just finished painting the top half a nice aqua color! And after I shower I'm headed to Lowe's to get the teal paint for the bottom half. Anyway, this room had the piano and all my piano and Kindermusik stuff (that's a lot of stuff!), some of Brian's stuff on a tall bookshelf, a huge futon, and 2 file cabinets. Plus other odds and ends.

Brian is on a MAJOR deadline at work, but he got off at the normal time (7:00) on New Year's Eve and we worked ALL NIGHT taking everything out of there and moving it to various other places in the house, as you can see below. We also completely rearranged and organized the closet, and I will take a picture at some point. It makes me VERY happy!




(No, I haven't taken the Christmas stuff down yet...I just jumped right into this project; it's been on my mind for weeks! Plus I like the lights.)

In fact, we worked so much that night that we completely missed midnight and at about 12:30 Brian said, "Oh...happy new year!" That's the first time we haven't seen the ball drop since we've been married, I think! Oh well. Anyway, here you can see the beginning before I started painting, but after I had taken down the stubborn border (ugh!), repaired the wall with spackle, and started taping. Isn't it DARK in there?? I hate it!

When I went to bed last night, I was about halfway done with the upper half of the room, first coat only. I also had a ton of paint in my hair from where I carelessly leaned my head against the wall while working on the trim. *sigh* Anyway, it looked like this:
And today I have finally finished the entire upper half of the room, TWO coats, even! Here it is:



I don't guess you can see the color that well, but it sure is bright and cheery. I'm going to finish the bottom half tonight and then tomorrow I'm headed to Ikea to get the new bookshelves. Brian has to work tomorrow, and he had to work yesterday, too. :( But the good thing is, he gets to see the progress when he comes home at night (at 11:30) and he loves it! I'll keep you posted. And I'll also update you on Christmas sometime. Cheers!

No comments: