1.27.2009

the hazmat house

Well, they found more mold, as I had suspected, in the piano room. Yes, that's the room that I just painted a few weeks ago. And they're going to have to check under the dining room window too...but right now all the furniture from the whole house is in there, so they can't check until all that is moved out.

Here's what the house looked like yesterday. Today they started putting up insulation and I'm assuming some drywall is going up tomorrow. Needless today, I've had more than enough and I'm ready to have my house back. But we still don't know when that will actually happen.

Here's my office/scraproom:

Here's the crazy zipper room that's set up inside our bedroom:
And our bedroom, behind the zipper:
And here's our lovely den, where all of our bedroom furniture is:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just crazy! I can't believe the extent of it. I'm very happy you guys won't be breathing all that mold anymore though, that can't be healthy.

Anonymous said...

That's insane, Kerri! So glad that the insurance is paying for all of these repairs!

spaceJASE said...

Wow - HAZMAT suits? What a mess. You should get gasmasks to wear around the house! It'd be like a zombie invasion or soemthing!

Miss Kerri said...

I know, I can't believe it either! I don't think there's any mold in NY, maybe we should just move back...

:)