7.16.2007

marketing, advertising, spending money

I've spent this entire day advertising, marketing, emailing every mom's group I can find, listing my website all over the internet, placing orders, and spending money, all for Kindermusik! I'm getting a bunch of the required instruments and teacher's kits from my fab friend Paula in NY - and I'm getting those at half-price. Thanks for saving me a lot of $$, Paula! And I ordered the rest of the stuff I need from Kindermusik today, including some yard signs, stickers, brochures (that I need to drop off at pediatricians' offices, kids' stores, schools, etc.), and etc. It cost a lot. But we knew it would, and I should more than make up for it with what I make during my first semester.

So, I'm slowly but surely getting my name out there. The publications I'm advertising in will go out around the first week of August. And I'm doing a direct mailing. I bought a list of 2500 names & addresses for $75, and then I was able to get 2500 full color (both sides) postcards for $402, and they will address them and mail them for me too, and that includes postage! I thought that was an excellent deal! For $477, I will reach 2500 homes in my area that have kids from newborn to age 7. Let the calls and website hits begin!

In other news, we went to see the new Harry Potter movie on Thursday night and it was really good! AND my mouth is SO much better, thanks to that crazy mouthwash I bought! (Peroxyl) So things are going well, but I feel busy. When the instruments and stuff get here, I'll be studying the lessons, and I need to plan some demo classes too, maybe at the library. So much to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS EXCITING! Love the updates :-) They'll be banging down the door for your classes in no time!