11.27.2006

'tis the season!

I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at the prospect of Christmas! I'm just so excited I can hardly contain myself! Today I'm decorating. We usually decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, but Brian and I were soooo enjoying our time together, we just didn't get around to it. He can't lift anything anyway, so I'm on my own for climbing up to the attic to get down the trees.

Right now, Christmas music is blaring from iTunes (I LOVE iTunes!) and I'm about to have some homemade hot chocolate! I'll probably sweat while drinking it, but who cares! Not me! Dinner, which is Dream Dinners' chicken pot pie, is done, just needs to be popped into the oven for about a half hour. So I have lots of time to deck the halls!

I'm nearly done making my Christmas cards. I have been having so much fun making them, I might have to make some for next year already! LOL! Can you tell I'm slightly excited about the season?? Of course, it would be nice if it wasn't 80 degrees, but that can't be helped. Anyway, I'll be posting some of my cards later. This year, instead of making them all the same like I usually do, I'm making all different ones.

Thanksgiving was a blast! We had an absolutely wonderful time! It was us, Tim & Christi, and Justin & Molly. We're so thankful for our fun friends! Here was the menu:

Turkey (marinated in Williams-Sonoma's spiced brining mix, delicious!)
Mashed Potatoes & gravy
Corn
Mac & Cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Fruit Salad
Garlic Cheese Biscuits (a la Red Lobster)

Pumpkin/Apple Butter pie
Apple Crisp
Cookies that looked like turkeys (picture to follow, so yummy and cute!)
French Silk pie

I think that's it. Brian and I have been having turkey every day since! It just keeps getting better. I need to make turkey more often! OK, back to the decorating. Just wanted to take a quick minute and write. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I left a comment yesterday, but Blogger ate it. If there was an award for getting your Christmas cards done early, you'd win it every year! And I want your Mac & Cheese recipe! mmmm If this ends up a duplicate, please forgive!