5.16.2006

i am so beautiful

What? What's wrong? Didn't you hear Taylor Hicks singing it to me tonight? I could tell by the way he sang it that it was meant for me!

Seriously, though, was tonight not the best night ever? I mean, we have memories of amazing performances from Idol: "Natural Woman" by Kelly Clarkson, "Summertime" by Fantasia Barrino, "And I am Telling You" by Tamyra Gray, "Superstar" by Ruben Studdard, "Circle of Life" by Jennifer Hudson, "Vehicle" by Bo Bice. All of these are VERY memorable to me. But tonight's show just about beat them all! I thought every single song was awesome! (And I HATE the song "I Believe I Can Fly," but Kat did great on it!)

I didn't vote tonight. I don't know who to vote for! I want them all three to win! I'm amazed by their talent, all three of them. I was telling someone this the other day; these three singers don't "learn an arrangement." They sing from their heart, and they sing a song different every time. That is true talent. A lot of people take a song, practice it, decide what they're going to do where (like if they're going to take any liberties, do any riffs, etc.), and then sing it that way forever. But these three don't do that. Riffs come naturally to them.

I will buy all three of their CDs when they are released.

OK, on to other things! On Saturday, there was a snake in our yard!!!! :-( I had just potted some impatiens to put on the front porch, and we went around back to get the hose so I could water them. And there was a snake, all wrapped up with the hose, and then it just slithered away into the little space that houses the controls to our inground sprinkler system! Needless to say, I won't be doing any gardening when Brian isn't around!

Last night, as I was finishing up an article on the laptop, Word crashed and I lost almost all of the article. I was NOT happy. I threw a huge pity party for myself and baked some fat free brownies while Brian tried to fix what he called "corruption." That computer has been broken for some time, and it's just getting worse and worse. So today, Brian went out and picked up a new MacBook. I'm so excited to see it and try it out! Writing will be much easier and quicker when I don't have to save after every sentence!

OK, here's a funny story from Idol tonight. Well, I thought it was funny, you might not. Anyway, I'm a big weirdo and whenever someone hits a high note, I hum it to see just how high it is. I do this in church, at concerts, in the car....just wherever I am when someone sings high. So when Taylor hit those high notes during "You Are So Beautiful," I had to hum those notes. Well, Sam was asleep on my lap, and when I started humming, he quickly ran away. What is he trying to say? Hmmm - I don't know, but it's probably not good! LOL (Once when I was rehearsing in the shower for a solo I had at church, Sam came in and started meowing. LOUDLY. I think he was trying to tell me to shut up! Or maybe he was just singing along!) =^..^=

No comments: