1.02.2006

i have....

the mother of all sore throats. I've spent the entire morning and early afternoon trying to see a doctor. We went to 3--yes, 3--urgent care centers. One was closed, one had no appointments today (? it said walk-ins welcome, why did I need an appt.?), and one had a 3-hour wait. No, thank you. I'll just go to a normal doctor tomorrow.

Brian got up this morning, showered, and went to work, only to find he was alone in the building! It's not a work day, so he has a surprise day off. Too bad I feel icky or we would do something exciting. I don't feel horrible, just my throat hurts and I feel a bit tired. We did go to the grocery store and I got some throat spray and lozenges.

People are out in their shorts and tank tops today. The sun is bright and hot, the breeze is warm. It's just weird! You'd think it was June or something. It's warm enough that we drove around with the windows down. My car's A/C needs to be recharged.

Not much more to tell--today is just a nice day that I get to spend with my hubs. Maybe I'll even do some scrapping. I talked to Denise the other day, and she invited me to a crop on Friday night. Yay!

Oh, Brian and I listened to a few great books on our trip. We LOVE listening to audio books--they make the time pass more quickly, it seems. We have listened to all of the Harry Potter books on CD, and they are incredible. For those of you with kids, this is a great idea. The guy who reads them does all the voices and everything.

My favorite book of this trip was 4th of July by James Patterson. This is the fourth installment in Patterson's series about the Women's Murder Club. The series is excellent and this book did not disappoint. I think it's fun when there is a series about a character or group of characters, because then you feel like you know them as you read the books and you look forward to what might happen to them next. Kinda like Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" books or Jan Karon's "Mitford" books. Love it.

James Patterson has another series of books about Alex Cross, and those are also fabulous. Brian and I have listened to all of those together, too. You can find out more about James Patterson's books by going here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope you are feeling better soon! If we lived closer, you could probably say you got strep throat from me (who had it on Christmas this year - NICE!) Get some rest and get some pills! :-) Leslie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.