11.08.2005

holiday

In my British books, they call vacation "holiday." They say things like, "I'm taking holiday in Paris," or "He's on holiday for the next week." Today, that word has double meanings for me, because I kind of AM on vacation. I'm still in Albany, hanging out at Sera's. And it feels like a real holiday, because I got up and she was cooking, so the house smelled great! And Jeff is off today, so he's watching tv, and the kids are out of school for election day. It's great! It feels like Thanksgiving.

The Crop-a-Lot weekend was grand. We had a lot of fun complaining about the lady who made "announcements" (obnoxious comments) over the loud speaker. And we complained about the extremely, annoyingly loud COUNTRY music pumping through the room. I did most of THAT complaining, because I despise country, except for the Dixie Chicks, Shedaisy, and one or two more.

We got a fair amount of scrapping done. OK, I did like 5 pages in 20 hours or something like that! Not so great, but we did a lot of talking and laughing, so it was worth it. Sera was not feeling her best on Saturday night and Sunday, but that's a whole nother story! Maybe someday I'll blog about it. But not today.

Anyway, since returning to Sera's, we've done quite a bit of scrapping. I did several pages of Braden, of course, and a few others for my 2005 book. I'll be posting some eventually. Today we're going to scrap, as soon as we're ready, and then Sera's having a Stampin' Up! party tonight, with Meg demonstrating. I finally get to see Jenn! And Sara's coming, too. And my friend Kerri Catalano. It'll be great to hang out with everyone! And buy some stamps!

I'll probably start on my Christmas cards today. I know it seems early, but do you realize that Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks and 2 days??!! I was hoping to have all of the Sox family's gifts done by then, so we can take them instead of shipping them. See, we're spending Thanksgiving with Brian's family and Christmas with mine. It's different than what we've done in the past, so we'll see how we like it.

No comments: